Eric Heiberg represents and advises employers in all phases of their employment relationships. Eric and his clients often work together on business planning, retention of employees and managing employment related business problems. With his clients, he helps develop long term employment practices and strategies in an attempt to limit the financial risks a business faces in the minefield of employment law. Eric works with and advises his clients in complying with the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII, the Americans with Disability Act, and other state and federal employment and human rights acts. In the event that a problem develops or an employer is faced with a claim, Eric is a seasoned and zealous advocate in mediation, arbitration, and litigation.
Areas of expertise:
- State and Federal Employment Laws and Regulations
- Harassment training, management training, investigations of employment related complaints, employee discipline and termination.
- Eric believes in providing value to his clients and understands that legal fees represent a hardship to a business. As a result, he strives to work within client expectations and to provide services which are effective and efficient. The lawyers at Heley Duncan & Melander PLLP view their role as legal and business advisors offering their clients good judgment and economic value.
- J.D. Cum Laude William Mitchell College of Law 1996; B.A. St. Olaf College 1993
- Admitted to Practice: Minnesota 1996; U.S. District Court 1996; Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals 1998; Wisconsin 2015
Minnesota State Bar Association; Hennepin County Bar Association; State Bar of Wisconsin